Natalya G. Johnson is an associate in the Firm’s Labor & Employment Group. Her practice focuses on the representation and counsel of management in employment-related matters. Natalya regularly litigates in state and federal courts as well as in alternative dispute resolution forums. Her clients range from not-for-profit organizations to Fortune 500 companies.
In addition to her litigation practice, Natalya regularly counsels clients on various types of employment matters, including restrictive covenants, discrimination, and retaliation cases. She is a frequent speaker at various continuing legal education seminars.
Natalya served on the Executive Board of Directors of the Cornell Law School Alumni Association and the Garden State Bar Association. She is also a member of a committee for lawyers supporting Volunteer Lawyers for Justice.
Natalya has been included in the Super Lawyers “Rising Star” list published by Thomson Reuters every year since 2016.
Natalya earned her J.D. degree from Cornell Law School and her B.A. degree, magna cum laude, from Cornell University. While studying at Cornell Law School, she was the General Editor of the Cornell Journal of Law and Public Policy and member of the Cornell Law School Moot Court Board.
- “Inclement Weather Pay Policies Part II,” Lorman Education Services – December 13, 2017 (Webinar CLE/SHRM approved credit)
- “Social Media & the NLRB: Best Practices for Crafting Effective Social Media Policies,” Lawline – November 28, 2017, New York, NY (Webinar CLE)
- “Closing the Wage Gap: What it Means to Ban Questions about Salary History,” U.S. Equal Employment Commission, NY District Office program – October 24, 2017, New York, NY (Live CLE)
- “Crafting Social Media Policies: Protecting your Brand and Avoiding Litigation,” The Avant-Garde Network, Microsoft offices, New York, NY
- “Social Media Considerations & NLRB Implications for Employers,” Metropolitan Black Bar Association Learns Webinar: Labor & Employment Section – October 4, 2017 (Webinar)
- “Social Media Implications and the NLRB,” Metropolitan Black Bar Association – October 2, 2017, Paramount Country Club, New City, New York (Live CLE)
- “General Principles - Social Media Policies,” Women’s Empowerment Collective – September 25, 2017, New York, NY
- “Politics, Social Media, and the NLRB,” National Bar Association – August 2, 2017, Toronto, ON (Live CLE)
- “Inclement Weather Pay Policies,” Lorman Education Services – June 29, 2017 (Webinar CLE/SHRM approved credit)
- Moderator, “Pathways to Success: How to Leverage your Law Degree,” Cornell Black Lawyers Alumni Network Second Annual Career Panel – December 9, 2016, New York, NY
Articles and Publications
- “Affinity Bar Associations and Engaging the Millennial Attorney: The Benefits of Participating and Leading in Affinity Bar Associations,” New Jersey State Bar Association Diversity Committee Newsletter, September, 2016
- “Restrictions on the Sale or Transfer of Assets of Not-for-Profit Debtors,” New Jersey Law Journal, February 14, 2013