All positions are for our Morristown office unless otherwise stated.
Recruiting ManagerRiker Danzig LLP
direct: 973-451-8320 fax: 973-451-8665 firstname.lastname@example.org
4-6 years of real estate experience to support our broad-based practice and wide variety of clients. Significant leasing experience required. Riker Danzig’s real estate law practice spans the full breadth of the industry, from representing landlords, purchasers and developers in bull markets, to distressed tenants and financial institutions seeking workout advice in bear markets. New Jersey bar required; New York bar a plus.
3-6 years of insurance coverage experience. New Jersey and New York bar preferred.
3–5 years of family law experience for the Morristown office. New Jersey bar admission required. Family Law clerkship a plus. Strong legal writing skills required. Please have candidates submit an unedited writing sample with resume.
2-4 years of products liability/mass tort experience for our Morristown office. Pharmaceutical or medical device experience preferred. Must be admitted in New Jersey.
5+ years of litigation and deposition experience. Products experience would be a plus. Must be admitted in New Jersey.
4-7 years of experience in corporate transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial contracts, corporate governance and securities offerings. NJ and/or NY bar admission required.
3-6 years of experience in environmental law. Our practice includes environmental regulatory, litigation, and transactional matters. Candidate must be admitted in New Jersey. This position is for our Morristown office.
3–5 years of commercial litigation experience. Deposition and motion experience a plus. Must be admitted in New Jersey. New York bar admission preferred.
Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements. 2 years of accounting experience required. Law firm experience a plus. SurePoint experience a plus. Bachelor's degree required.
• 2 years of solid accounting experience.
• Able to reconcile operating bank account with over 100 checks written on a monthly basis.
• Able to prepare monthly reconciliations of multiple capital accounts and Attorney Trust accounts.
• Able to prepare monthly account analyses for various general ledger accounts including prepaid insurance.
• Able to prepare journal entries for general ledger accounts for which they are responsible.
• Able to research and resolve issues.
• Familiar with financial statements.
• Able to assist with workpapers for year-end review of Firm financial statements and workpapers for annual audit of retirement plans.
• able to multi-task and work with different levels of management and staff.
• Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
• Focused and reliable.
1-2 years experience required. Law firm experience a plus. Bachelor's degree required.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions
1. Welcomes guests and clients by greeting them in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
2. Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
3. Conserves attorneys time by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports and legal documents; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client conferences, and attorney meetings; scheduling couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other courtroom visuals; preparing expense reports.
4. Maintains attorney calendar by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, dispositions, and travel; recording and monitoring court appearance dates, pleadings, and filing requirements; monitoring evidence-gathering; anticipating changes in litigation or transaction preparation requirements.
5. Represents attorney by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters to attorney.
6. Generates revenues by documenting and inputting attorney billable time and reimbursable expenses; preparing invoices.
7. Maintains client confidence by keeping client/attorney information confidential.
8. Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions; maintaining transcripts; documenting and maintaining evidence.
9. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Riker Danzig is seeking a paralegal for its fast moving litigation department. The appropriate candidate will be strongly motivated, able to work independently and with others, and have strong organizational skills. Responsibilities include document retrieval, organization and review, deposition digesting, monitoring document production, assistance in trial preparation, proofreading and cite checking legal briefs, and department filing.
• Must have a 4 year college degree
• Superior oral, writing and interpersonal skills
• Dependable, detail oriented
• Ability to be resourceful and juggle multiple assignments
5+ years’ experience managing the day to day operations of the billing department function by designing, implementing and ensuring policies and procedures are consistently adhered to, as well as streamlining effective billing processes. Prioritizes, plans, and directs team of billing analysts to ensure accurate invoice output in accordance with set timelines and proper processing within the accounting system. Law firm experience is a must and SurePoint and Intapp experience is a plus.
• Manage the billing software by adding/deleting users, setting up user security profile and addressing system related questions, etc.
• Provide month-end and year-end reporting
• Responsible for system month-end closing
• Upload new billing rates when required
• Work with other members of the firm to solve system related issues.
• Work closely with Billing Members to ensure that all client billings are properly processed and accurate
• Helping compiling attorney time to bill clients ;
• Reviewing pre-bills and process billing edits;
• Preparing client invoices electronically and in paper format; have prior experience with administrating e-billing websites
• Setup of specialized client billing requirements and audit of invoices to ensure compliance, accuracy and timely completion;
• Completing all billing to meet established deadlines;
• Provides guidance to clients, attorneys, billing specialists and legal assistants who encounter issues as related to the firm’s billing procedures
Experience in a law firm billing department is preferred. Position involves electronic billing skills to support the Firm’s various practice groups. Previous experience with hourly billing is a must. Also, previous experience using SurePoint experience a plus. Attention to detail, deadlines and simultaneous projects with minimal supervision. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with attorneys and client/vendor representatives. The position is in Morristown; hybrid will be considered.