A commercial litigator, Glenn A. Clark believes that the key to success in the courtroom is thorough preparation. He learned this lesson early in his career and has applied it ever since, becoming known for his tenacity and attention to detail in trials. Glenn is "the touchstone of quality" according to the Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business Client's Guides, which has included Glenn on its list for the field of Commercial Litigation since 2004 recommending Glenn for his "excellent" handling of high-profile litigation. Clients interviewed by Chambers point to his "tenacity," "detail-oriented attitude," "creative approach" and his "excellent reputation" as the secret to his success. Best Lawyers in America®, a peer review of U.S. lawyers, has listed Glenn on its "Best Lawyers" list since 2006 for Commercial Litigation, Construction Litigation and Employment Litigation. Thomson Reuters has included him on the New Jersey "Super Lawyers" list for General Litigation since 2005. See Awards and Honors Methodology.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
The managing partner of Riker Danzig since 1996 and a member of its executive committee, Glenn concentrates in employment, product liability, insurance, construction and health care litigation. Through 30 plus years as a litigator, he has appeared in arbitrations, administrative hearings, jury and non-jury trials, and appeals to the U.S. Supreme Court and New Jersey Supreme Court. Glenn has served as a hospital trustee, and has chaired hospital credentials, quality and corporate compliance committees. Among his achievements:
- Obtained a multimillion-dollar judgment for The Hertz Corporation after the collapse of a parking deck under construction at Newark International Airport.
- Successfully defended a fertilizer manufacturer whose product was used as an explosive in a terrorist attack.
- Convinced the New Jersey courts to adopt the "inevitability doctrine" governing the disclosure and use of trade secrets.
- Obtained a substantial judgment for defamation and tortious interference claims by a physician denied hospital medical staff privileges.
- Obtained a precedent-setting opinion from the New Jersey Supreme Court upholding his own firm's retirement plan in a suit brought by a former partner.
Among Glenn's past and present clients are hospitals, construction companies, insurance carriers and chemical and pharmaceutical manufacturers. They include Johnson & Johnson, McNeil Consumer and Specialty Pharmaceuticals, The Harleysville Insurance Company, The Hertz Corporation, National Starch and Chemical Company, Henkel, Cooper Medical Center, Newton Memorial Hospital, AT&T Corp., and Unilever Corp.