In response to the unprecedented situation arising from the COVID-19 virus, Riker Danzig is closely monitoring the impact on the business community, and we are assisting our clients on numerous issues across the legal spectrum. Our attorneys and staff are equipped to work remotely and securely, and we remain available to assist our clients without disruption.
The following Alerts provide helpful information for our clients and friends as they navigate the current business environment. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions regarding the specific legal issues affecting your business or arising from the pandemic.
Bankruptcy & Reorganization
Corporate and Tax
Cyber Security & Data Privacy
- 3/24/22 - Public Health Emergency Lifted in New Jersey Regarding Omicron
- 1/12/22 - New Jersey Reinstates Public Health Emergency, But Immunity for Providers Is Not Extended
- 12/30/21 - Update on Vaccine Mandate for Healthcare Workers
- 12/9/21 - COVID-19 Vaccine Update, PBM Regulations Upheld, and Advisory Opinion on CRNAs
- 12/3/21 - 340B Litigation, Nursing Home Visitation and other Updates
- 11/30/21 - Federal Court Halts Vaccine Mandate and Federal Regulatory Update
- 11/19/21 - New Jersey Legislative Update
- 11/16/21 - Three New CMS Rules That Providers Should Know
- 11/4/21 - Biden Administration Releases Vaccine Mandates for Health Care and Private Sector Workers
- 10/13/21 - Confused About New Jersey and Federal COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates?
- 10/6/21 - Broker Compensation and Monoclonal Antibodies
- 9/28/21 - Get Ready for Round Four of the Provider Relief Fund
- 7/15/21 - New Jersey Poised to Pass New Telemedicine and Nursing Home Statutes
- 7/6/21 - Federal Update: From Proposed Rules to Litigation
- 6/23/21 - New Jersey Legislation From Nursing Homes to COVID-19 Task Forces
- 6/18/21 - NJDOH Eliminates COVID-19 Testing Requirement For ASCs and Hospitals, but DCA Has Not For Surgical Practices
- 6/17/21 - Telemedicine and the End of New Jersey's Public Health Emergency
- 6/9/21 - Changes to New Jersey Provider Immunity After the End of the Public Health Emergency
- 6/1/21 - New ADT Guidance from CMS, and Other Federal Updates
- 5/21/21 - Federal Update: Breakthrough Technology Rule Not So Breakthrough
- 5/18/21 - New Jersey Update, Including Provider Immunity and New Nursing Home Laws
- 5/7/21 - Is the Transparency Rule on Its Way Out? And Other Federal Updates
- 4/28/21 - New York Lifts Immunity, CMS Updates and Proposed Rules
- 4/14/21 - New Jersey Legislation Update
- 3/31/21 - Proposed Telemedicine Regulations and Increased Payments for Vaccination
- 3/10/21 - New Jersey and Federal Legislation and Regulatory Update
- Live webinar - 3/25/21 - Khaled Klele Is Featured Panelist for CIANJ Teleheath Program
- 1/8/21 - The New Federal Out-of-Network Statute
- 1/6/21 - New Federal Regulations, Provider Relief Fund Reporting Requirements Update, and New CMS Model for Dual-Eligible Beneficiaries
- 12/22/20 - New Jersey Legislative Update
- 12/18/20 - CMS Physician Fee Schedule Expands Telehealth, HHS Proposes New Rule to Expand Patients’ Access to Their PHI, and More Federal Updates
- 12/11/20 - Federal Regulations Aim to Further Reduce Pharmaceutical Drug Prices, CMS Releases Outpatient Prospective Payment System and Ambulatory Surgical Center Final Rule, New Measures Taken to Combat COVID 19 During the Upcoming Winter Months, and More
- 11/24/20 - Recently Approved New Jersey Telemedicine Regulations and CMS Issues Transparency Rules for Insurers Following the Transparency Rules for Hospitals
- 11/19/20 - CMS Final and Proposed Regulations, Including the Recent Basic Health Program Option
- 11/11/20 - Name Tags? Yes, You Are Now Required To Wear Certain Name Tags.
- 11/6/20 - NJ Hospitals Must Allow Pregnant Patients to Have Support Person Present During Labor, Interoperability Rule Deadlines Extended, CMS Announces Insurance Coverage for COVID-19 Vaccine, and More
- 10/27/20 - New Jersey Expands the Use of Antigen Testing for Surgery Centers and Long Term Care Facilities, CMS Adds New Telehealth Codes, and Additional HHS Guidance on the Provider Relief Fund
- 10/2/20 - New Jersey Passes Statutes on Nursing Homes Including Staffing Mandates, New Jersey Pharmacists Can Administer COVID-19 Tests, HHS Updates Provider Relief Fund Reporting Requirements, and New Information on Medicare Advantage Programs
- 9/23/20 - CMS Issues Alert to Providers Regarding Incentive Payments, New CMS Models and Other CMS Action, and New Jersey Establishes Task Force on Long-Term Care
- 9/16/20 - CMS Maintains Hospital Transparency Price Rule, Other Federal Rules, AMA Releases New CPT Codes, and AAAHC Issues New Standards
- 9/9/20 - Did New Jersey Just Cap Profits for Nursing Homes? New Jersey Takes Further COVID-19 Action Via Executive and Administrative Orders, and CMS Requires Positive COVID-19 Test for Add-On Payments.
- 9/2/20 - CMS Extends Deadline and Expands Next Round Under the Provider Relief Fund, Additional Guidance on Nursing Homes, New CDC Testing Recommendations, and Federal Regulations on Guidance Documents
- 8/25/20 - New Jersey Vetoes Bill Authorizing Pharmacists to Administer COVID-19 Tests but Passes Bill Imposing Assessments on Entities Issuing Health Plans. Plus, New Final and Proposed Federal Regulations.
- 8/19/20 - Free COVID-19 Testing Anyone? Plus, New Jersey Issues Executive Directive on Reopening Nursing Homes, While the Federal Government Provides Nursing Homes With More Federal Relief Funding.
- 8/13/20 - New Federal Payment Rules, Including a Reduction in the Physician Fee Schedule During COVID-19, NY Scales Back COVID-19 Immunity, and Recent Federal Litigation
- 8/10/20 - HHS Reopens Provider Relief Fund for Certain Providers, and CMS’ Proposed Outpatient Prospective Payment System Makes Some Significant Changes to Payment Rates and Policies
- 8/6/20 - From Drug Pricing to Federal Regulations and Litigation, to Startling Statistics on Opioid Overdoses Leading to New Guidance
- 8/3/20 - NJ Eases Testing Requirements for Elective Surgeries, but Do You Know the Difference Between Molecular, Antigen, and Antibody Testing? A New Federal Statute Proposes to Increase the Shared Savings for ACOs. Also, New Adopted and Proposed NJ Regulations.
- 7/28/20 - New COVID-19 CDC Guidelines, Provider Relief Fund Reporting Timeline Released, CMS Updates Reimbursement Calculations, D.C. Circuit Rules in Favor of HHS's Site-Neutral Pay Cuts
- 7/22/20 - New Jersey Opens Up Visitations to Nursing Homes, OIG Alleges Significant Overpayments to Hospitals, and New Federal Rules, Including to HIPAA Part II
- 7/16/20 - New Telehealth Quality Measures, CMS Pours More Resources into Nursing Homes, Different Hospital COVID-19 Reporting Requirements, and a Proposed Rule on Grandfathered Health Plans and Coverage
- 7/14/20 - New Jersey Takes More Actions In Light of COVID-19, the SEHBP Reduces OON Reimbursements, and CMS’ New Health Informatics Office
- 7/8/20 - CMS Clarifies Insurance Coverage for COVID-19 Testing, DOJ Finalizes Vertical Merger Guidance, and CMS Proposes New Value Based Purchasing Rule
- 7/2/20 - New COVID-19 Guidance, MIPS Hardship Applications Are Now Open, and CMS’ 2021 Home Health Prospective Payment Update
- 6/25/20 - Some Wins, Some Losses, and a Proposed Rule on Value-Based Payments for Prescription Drugs
- 6/23/20 - HHS Changes Reporting Requirements Under the Provider Relief Fund, Direct Contracting Is Open, and New York Expands Telemedicine
- 6/18/20 - New Jersey Department of Health Modifies Guidance on the Resumption of Elective Surgeries in Ambulatory Surgery Centers to Address Issues That Were Preventing Surgeries
- 6/16/20 - Is the Expansion of Telemedicine Here to Stay? Will New Jersey Delay the Assessment on Licensed Ambulatory Surgery Centers?
- 6/11/20 - New Jersey Waives Certain Regulations Applicable to Collection Stations
- 6/4/20 - New Jersey Considers Delaying Assessment for Ambulatory Surgery Centers and CDC Issues Guidance on Antibody Testing
- 5/26/20 - A Non-COVID-19 Update . . . Yes . . . You Read That Correctly
- 5/20/20 - New Jersey Department of Health Issues Guidance on the Resumption of Elective Surgeries
- 5/19/20 - New Jersey’s Division of Consumer Affairs Issues Order on the Resumption of Elective Surgeries
- 5/12/20 - A Refocus on Nursing Homes, Other COVID-19 Updates, and New Jersey Adopts Telemedicine Rules
- 5/6/20 - CMS Makes Second Round of Sweeping Regulatory Changes and HHS Updates the Grant Relief Program
- 4/28/20 - HHS Issued $20 Billion in Grants Subject to Application Requirements and CMS Suspends Accelerated and Advance Payment Program
- 4/20/20 - The Federal Government and New Jersey Modify and Increase Previous Coronavirus Programs
- 4/13/20 - New Jersey Extends Criminal and Civil Immunity to Providers and CMS Issues $30 Billion in Grants to Providers
- 4/2/20 - CMS and New Jersey Make Significant Changes to Regulations In Light of COVID-19
- 3/31/20 - Relief and Benefits to Providers Under The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES Act”)
- 3/26/20 - Coronavirus - CMS Guidance Part Three
- 3/20/20 - Governor Relaxes Telemedicine Rules in NJ
- 3/18/20 - Coronavirus – CMS Guidance Part Two
- 3/2/20 - Coronavirus – An Outline of CMS Guidance
Labor & Employment
Securities Litigation, Arbitration, Regulation and Investigations
White Collar Criminal Defense and Investigations
State-by-State COVID-19 Updates and Resources, provided by State Law Resources member firms. Click here.
Riker Danzig is proud to be the New Jersey member of SLR, which is comprised of the top Governmental Affairs practices in each state.