Technology & Emerging Growth Companies
Riker Danzig's Technology and Emerging Growth Companies Practice Group pulls together a team of our experienced corporate, litigation, employment, governmental affairs and intellectual property lawyers to deliver a coordinated, multi-disciplinary suite of legal services to our clients. Each member of the group remains fully informed and up to date on the cutting-edge issues our technology and emerging growth clients face. We make a commitment to understanding our clients' markets and industries. As a result, we are able to deliver practical and creative legal solutions that help each of our clients attain their unique objectives.
We routinely advise businesses in connection with entity formation, protecting their intellectual property, raising seed money, structuring subsequent rounds of debt and equity financing and pursuing exit strategies, such as sales of equity and technology assets.
We are regularly involved in drafting and negotiating technology-related agreements, including software licenses and development agreements, ASP/SaaS agreements, content development and hosting agreements and master technology services agreements. We also advise clients on proposed online ventures, including social networking, blogging and related technologies. Our client base ranges from innovative start-up companies to large corporations that have been licensing their products for many years on an international basis.
In addition, Riker Danzig is unique in New Jersey in its ability to represent the interests of its clients before the New Jersey Legislature. We currently monitor pending legislation and administrative actions for several national technology concerns.
Representative transactions and representations span diverse industries and include:
- Represent multiple international software and services providers in negotiating and structuring diverse technology transactions involving Fortune 500 corporations, including software development, licensing, services and SaaS agreements.
- Represent apparel suppliers and textile manufacturers in domestic and international trademark and technology licensing and distribution agreements.
- Represent leading nutriceutical manufacturers and suppliers in trademark and technology licensing and supply agreements.
- Represent leading providers of business-related data in licensing and technology-related transactions.
- Represent a popular social networking service in investment and technology-related transactions.
- Represent an EU-based software implementation provider in negotiating and documenting master services agreements with clients and subcontractors.
- Provide government affairs services for clients such as Microsoft and Siemens.
- Represented a leading provider of middleware applications in the negotiation of license and services agreements with domestic and multinational corporations.
- Represented Choice Media, Inc. in a series of acquisitions of health-related websites.