Glenn D. Curving believes that many legal disputes are better solved by practical means than by standard litigation tactics. As an example, he offers his involvement in a case stemming from a tragedy in which Glenn was retained to represent a parent who had been sued for allegedly failing to supervise and control the actions of her son.
Typically, lawyers instruct their clients not to say anything publicly in such controversial matters. But when the client told Glenn of her heartfelt remorse over what had happened, he decided that it would be appropriate in this instance to issue a press release expressing her regret and sorrow. Later, after Glenn's client was voluntarily dismissed from the case, opposing counsel told Glenn that the apology had played a large part in their clients' decision not to pursue the case against his client. It was a good example, he says, of his philosophy: "I try to come up with practical and cost-effective approaches rather than taking the knee-jerk, by-the-book means of litigating a case."
A good share of Glenn's practical practice is focused on complex, controversial, or novel insurance litigation, including coverage work and extra-contractual claims. The bulk of Glenn's work is general litigation, with a strong emphasis on insurance coverage, insurance defense and commercial disputes. He is also well-known for his expertise in professional-liability litigation and resolving disputes between partners and shareholders.
Thomson Reuters has included Glenn on the New Jersey Super Lawyers list for Professional Liability Defense and Insurance Coverage since 2009. Additionally, Best Lawyers in America®, a peer review of U.S. lawyers, has listed him in the field of Commercial Litigation since 2007. See Awards and Honors Methodology.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- NJ Appellate Division Rejects “Enhanced” Burden Of Proof For Policy Exclusions
Apr 26, 2016
- Contingent Business Interruption Losses Arising out of the Kumamoto Earthquakes
Apr 26, 2016
- NJ Supreme Court: Insurer Need Not Show Prejudice to Prevail on Late Notice Defense to “Claims Made” Coverage
Feb 25, 2016
- Insurance Update August 2015
Aug 13, 2015
Related Firm News
- Best Lawyers Honors Thirty-Four Riker Danzig Attorneys
Aug 17, 2015
- Best Lawyers Honors Forty-One Riker Danzig Attorneys
Aug 19, 2014
- Best Lawyers Honors Forty-Two Riker Danzig Attorneys
Aug 20, 2013
- Best Lawyers Honors Forty Riker Danzig Attorneys
Aug 20, 2012
- Riker Danzig Named #1 Firm in New Jersey by Best Lawyers
Sep 12, 2011
- Riker Danzig Named #1 Firm in New Jersey For Fourth Consecutive Year
Aug 18, 2010
- 36 Riker Danzig Attorneys Named to Super Lawyer List
Mar 30, 2010
- Riker Danzig Ranked #1 law firm in New Jersey by the Best Lawyers in America
Aug 7, 2009